TiE Boston was founded on the basis of creating a community within the entrepreneurial ecosystem. Knowing that entrepreneurship can be a lonely road, the founders envisioned TiE Boston as community hub that would enable entrepreneurs of all levels to connect and to help the next generation of entrepreneurs to succeed.
OPERATIONS & COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT MANAGER
Do you believe that the power of community can foster growth and open untapped avenues for success? If so, consider joining the team at TiE Boston! Our future team member will be responsible for strengthening member relations, executing local events and gatherings, collaborate with key cross-functional teams and external vendors, and demonstrate enthusiasm to take on a diverse range of duties including but not limited to that outlined below.Your Role:
- Member Relations - Onboarding and supporting relationships within our member base. This will also include maintaining and updating our member engagement system and prioritizing multiple requests.
- Event Planning & Management – Support up to 2-3 events per month, including special projects and pitch competitions, and play a role in the logistical and marketing details with those events. Maintain and update the events calendar. Quickly understand and flex with the constantly evolving priorities of our team.
- Community Communications/Marketing– Implement the strategic marketing/communications plans which may include the creation of blog articles, social media posts and updating our website. Gain familiarity with internal tools and systems used by the team. Support internal communications and external social media communications
- Be a TiE Boston ambassador in everything that you do.
- Grit, outgoing, and eager to learn
- Strong communication (verbally and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The environment is fast-paced, and the person in this role must be proactive, hardworking, highly organized, and an independent critical thinker.
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Hubspot, Zoho, Canva and Mailchimp.
- Effective project management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other functional groups
This is a hybrid role based in Cambridge MA, and is in-person, 2 days a week.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2–4 years of experience in similar roles
- Effective communication skills and ability to invest others in shared goals
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude, with a willingness to be flexible
- Professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge and comfort with marketing and social media
- Flexibility in work hours with evening events and a few annual events which may occur over the weekend.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Past work for a community or member-based organization
- Knowledge of the start-up /entrepreneur ecosystem
- Fundraising experience is a plus
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with education and experience
How To Apply
If you are a tech-savvy, innovative thinker, and have a strong desire to impact the success of TiE Boston, please send your resume and a cover letter sharing why you want to join the team, why you are a strong match for this position and mention your salary requirements to email@example.com with subject line: “Operations and Community Engagement.”
Details at a glance
- Full Time Schedule
- 4-Year Degree Required
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
About TiE Boston
Since 1997, TiE Boston has been supporting entrepreneurs by offering education, mentorship, networking, and funding opportunities. What makes TiE unique is that the organization connects entrepreneurs with each other and other stakeholders in the ecosystem, including serial entrepreneurs, angel investors, venture capitalists, service providers, and early customers. TiE Boston is a chapter of TiE Global, the largest global not-for-profit organization fostering entrepreneurship. TiE Boston members leverage the global network of members from 61 chapters in 18 countries. TiE has 12,000 members throughout the world, and has contributed over $250B in wealth creation.
TiE Boston is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER